The Professional Kiteboard Riders Association continues to make preparations for the first ever tour stop in China. Visiting Haikou, Hainan Island, PKRA riders will get a chance to explore and compete in one of the most unique and beautiful kite destinations in the world. In planning for this groundbreaking event, participants need to be aware of the visa requirements for entering China. In order to receive an invitation letter as an official competitor with the PKRA, riders should follow the outlined instructions below:
1. Apply to the Chinese consulate in your country for a Tourism Visa.
If you get the Visa, that is all you need. If you don\'t\' get the visa, then do the following:
1. Go to the PKRA website, and register and pay online for the China event.
2. Send an email to email@example.com with CC. To firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The subject of the email should be: “VISA APPLICATION FOR PKRA HAINAN”
4. Attach the PayPal payment receipt you got when you registered.
5. In the body of the email put the following info:
• Complete Name
• Passport Number
• Passport Expiration date.
• Telephone Number with Country and area code.
A few days latter you will receive the invitation letter, which needs to be brought to your local Chinese consulate to reapply for the visa.
Also of note, the Vietnam tour stop has been removed from the 2012 calendar. The PKRA hopes to visit Vietnam in 2013. For more updates regarding tour stops and scheduling updates, visit the PKRA Facebook page and Twitter feed.