Australia will be the final freestyle event of the 2010 PKRA World Tour. The venue will be the world–famous beach of the Australian Gold Coast. Queensland’s most famous stretch of 70-kilometer beach. This stunning piece of landscape is home to some of Gold Coast’s spectacular sporting events including the Quiksilver and Roxy Pro and the Sanctuary Cove In- ternational Boat Show. These significant contests consistently attract tens of thousands of spectators annually. The addition of the PKRA World Tour as a calendar mainstay of Gold Coast events further revitalizes the region’s foothold as Australia’s event capital as well as PKRA’s reputation as the world’s leading professional association of kiteboarders.
The event will take place at Narrowneck. This is close to Main Beach or Surfers Paradise. Broadbeach is approximately 15 minutes from the event site. All three have superb accommodation and restaurants. Organizer will arrange a venue each evening for meals and entertainment with discounts offered to competitors. Australian bar-b-ques will also be arranged. Weather will be HOT ! Estimated 32 – 36 degrees. We have a sunscreen sponsor so plenty of sunscreen will be available!
The Disciplines. The event will be one of a kind with more disciplines than any other event ever.
1. Downwind Race - This will be held on Sunday December 5th and it will have $5,000 on prize money.
2. World Cup Wave - An official PKRA discipline which will be held during the best wave days of the holding period Dec 5 - 12. It will decide the 2010 PKRA Wave World Champion and will have $10,000 on prize money.
3. World Cup Freestyle - An official PKRA discipline which will be held during the holding perido Dec 5 - 12. It will decide the 2010 PKRA Freestyle World Champion and will have $35,000 on prize money.
4. Red Bull Kite Cross - A slalom downwind race with obstacles to be held Dec 11 - 12. It will have $5,000 prize money.
5. Daily Crowd Pleaser events - Each day a diferent fun crowd pleaser event will be held (Big Air, Best Wave, Best Trick, Board Off, Best Crash, etc - Each one will have $1,000 in prize money.